Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New To The Game


So the best I can figure women go back to work after having kids solely for the purpose of being able to get something done in the house. With that being said, I will be holding out as long as humanly possible to raise my boys before returning to the draining world of information technology. In the meantime I will try to chronicle my trek through my trials, triumphs, and lessons learned.

My son is two months old and very literally occupies every moment of my time. Now I'm not going to pretend like I ever got a lot done before he was here, but I am so seriously getting nothing done these days. I have moments of brilliance when I can really clean the kitchen in 20 minutes flat or roll through loads and loads of laundry in a half a day....but these moments are few and far between. So like any normal person who doesn't have enough time to do their chores, I've decided it's a good idea to start up on my knitting projects again, get my nose in some long neglected books, and start blogging. Sure! Why not?

On The Needles:
One free form car seat blanket for my wee little man. I'm just doing a simple bordered blankie changing the pattern of the body as I get bored. I will post my progress with pictures just as soon as there is a tidied surface that I can take pictures on!

My Nose Is In:
Cryptonomicon - I'm only 15 pages in...now before getting pregnant, I read a lot and I read well. Well, 11 months of not reading anything but craft magazines has taken it's toll and I should've picked something much easier to get back into the reading game with. So far the premise is interesting and it is well written but the author is a little too proud of his vocabulary...or maybe I should just be ashamed of mine?? Either way at the rate of about two pages a day ( this is how much time I'm afforded by Henry) I should be done about the time he is graduating high school...which will be in the year 2027...how freaky old do I feel?

Now I have six hours to get this house cleaned, get dinner done, knit, read, watch Heroes, give Harris a bath and cut his hair, finish the load of laundry patiently waiting in the washer, and be nice to my husband all while holding the baby and trying not to wake him up. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment