Thursday, February 5, 2009

Grilled Chicken Spinach/BBQ Chicken Pizza

Sometimes I just really don't feel like cooking and sometimes I just don't have time to put forth the effort so I thought I would share our menu too.

Last night was one of those I just don't have time nights...which turns into pizza night and there is one thing I hate making is crust...pie crust, pizza crust, any light bread product...I hate it..so I am happy to freely admit that I buy pizza crust that is ready made...I don't even have to spread it out. So a big shout out to Kroger brand pizza crust!
Last night I made a pizza that was half grilled chicken and spinach and the other half was barbeque chicken. It was easy, easy to sneak veggies to the three year old and the husband, cheap, and was seriously really tasty.

1 pizza crust
A little less than a half a jar of Alfredo sauce
Some BBQ sauce
2 chicken breasts/cubed(I grilled them off on the Foreman with loads of garlic powder and pepper)
1 1/2 C frozen spinach (thaw in microwave)
However much italian type cheese you take on your pizza

**so alfredo on one side, bbq on the other. Spread chicken evenly. Sprinkle spinach on the alfredo side. top with cheese. bake as per crust directions.

In hindsight, the bbq side wouldve been really great with carmelized red onions and the spinach side wouldve been great with roasted red peppers.

And a great discovery for those with children that wont eat anything green or that doesnt look like cheese or a chicken finger...you can very easily hide spinach in a regular pizza with marinara. I pick my battles on the food front and am not above sneaking in vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment