Friday, May 1, 2009

Make This: Florella Infant Set or Audrey Turned Out To Be Henry



So I'm cleaning out my Work In Progress Box and I'm coming across stuff that is done or at least like I said before, done enough.
This little sweater set was done before I was ever even pregnant but of course everything I've knit has been girlish...I of course had a boy. But this little set is from a pattern that I found online. It is a little ditty from the 40's that someone was nice enough to translate into a pattern that is understandable to my knitting abilities. It came together super easy. I omitted the tie that is supposed to lace through the yoke and the one that holds the hat on...evidently choking was not a hazard in the 40s...I even finished one of the booties. I considered finishing the other one tonight but them remember how long a booty stays on a small baby...it's about 7 seconds for those that don't know....so, I won't be finishing the other one.
If you'd like to find this pattern just search Florella Infant Set. I'm pretty sure that I knit this up with something Debbie Bliss. But it feels vintage and definitely has that look.
Maybe the next one will be a girl. Jinx.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! Might i remind you that I in fact have a girl... :)

    ReplyDelete